Thursday, September 08, 2005

After my stint with yoga I also discovered a new channel on TV, FitTV. A whole channel dedicated to fitness, who knew? They have different workout programs for different interests. I KNEW I was not interested in jumping up and down and smiling and that had been the only other options I had known about....Until I saw Gilad: Sculpt and Tone. This was a turning point for me, a golden beam of light from the heavens which shone down on the remote control and blessed me with a new insight. He did not jump around, he had no bounce in his groove but he used free weights and this new thing called "push ups".
One morning dressed in sweat pants and a sweatshirt I tuned in to Gilad, standing ready with my hand weights and my yoga mat I began my first real moves towards a rapid sculpting program. Yes, sculpt is a funny word to those seasoned in fitness, we know you can't sculpt off fat, but allow me to use it for now. I began to sweat, my heart was pounding, I was focused and tired. I forced out a few push ups and rested while Gilad continued, I squeezed upwards for a few stomach crunches until my ab muscles began to come to life and told me to lay the hell back down!
For an hour I did this, for one hour 3 or 4 times a week and yoga began to be a thing of the past in way of fitness. Soon I could do more push ups, more crunches, more lunges and squats and shoulder presses...soon I could see new muscles develop and inches gone from places like my mid section, my arms and my chest.
I had increased my workout incredibly and the pay off was obvious to me! I did not need to do traditional aerobics to burn off fat. This is a medical break through, people all around the world should know this!
My point with this is, you may not know all the options to burning off fat and have a mental image of wedgies from leotards and happy smiles jumping off small buildings and back up again. This may not be the approach you want to take, in fact you may HATE this idea as much as I do. If you do, know there are options, look into circuit training. A faster paced weight lifting program which makes you burn fat and feel powerful and healty and accomplished. Wedgie Leotard and plastic smile not included.
If you DO like aerobic jumping up and down, get out the pom poms and work up that smile. Jump up and down to music or the sound of traffic even.
Make sure today to move your body harder than yesterday and you will see a result, you will feel a result. Apply the idea to make each day a bit more physical than the day before and soon you will be SHOCKED with the results.
Days turn to weeks, which turn to months which turn to years. What will you do today to change the results over the years to come?

No comments: