Monday, September 12, 2005

This weekend someone noticed I lifted weights. He noticed it just by looking at me, what a nice ego boost that was. Well, not really an ego boost but more a confirmation I AM doing this right and I am heading towards the goals I have set for myself.
While visiting them I noticed they had some boxes which said "6 weeks to the new YOU!!" on the covers. I asked what it was about and teased that they had new bodies inside of boxes. I could not help it, I opened them and looked it over. It had motivational tapes, diet plans and even a resistance band to help them work out. I asked why they had not used any of it yet and of course jokes were made etc. Wow, six weeks to a new you and you have had this box for 12 weeks now, how is that working for you?
It really showed me how much a choice can influence us on a daily basis. Remember the talk about choices and how to make one, each day and to stick to that choice each day. When they made that purchase for that program ( how much is that program anyway!?!?) they had made a step towards a choice but each day since then had made a different choice. Yikes....They had come so close. Now like countless others that box will be either given away, sold at a yard sale or sit in a closet somewhere and wait for the choice to be remembered.
My basement is filled with other people's new choices. I have a Cardioglide machine, I have a Nordic Track, I have a wonderful treadmill, as well as 2 aerobic steps. I have 2 full weight benches with complete weights as well as 3 Olympic weight bars to go with it. I have a complete gym in my basement and I acquired it all for free.
People all spent money on these items, made a good choice to change their lives and then some how managed to self talk themselves into a really bad choice....Complacency. It cost me absolutely nothing to have a full gym at my ready because other people can't stick to a choice, one choice repeated daily until it becomes so routine and needed it is like breathing. Imagine making a choice to not breathe?

If you are interested in benefiting from other people's lack of initiative go to www.freecycle.org and join your local group! You can get gym equipment, workout tapes/DVD's etc. There is a plethora available for the taking!

make a choice

No comments: